Skip to main content

Final Draft!

The time has come to turn in all of your stuff pertaining to the research paper.  Please include ALL of the following in your folder:
  • Your final draft, in a report cover - MLA formatting, including a header on the first page, numbering, and a works cited page (NOT your annotated bib)
  • Your rough drafts, including both the one I wrote on and the one you wrote in class
  • Your sources, stapled with note cards, arranged in the order they appear on your works cited page
A couple of all-purpose reminders: 
  1. You must USE all of your sources.  I've said this before, but I think it bears repeating.  It is not enough to simply SAY that you used them; I need to see evidence (in-text citations in the final draft corresponding to highlighted passages in your source).
  2. Make absolutely certain that you have cited everything that you've used and that all sources are included on your works cited page and in your folder.
See you tomorrow.  I'll give you instructions on where to turn in late work then.  You're almost through with this thing, so see it through.

Popular posts from this blog

Juniors ~ Restoration Period

For more on the Restoration Period, go to the homepage for the Norton Anthology of English Literature . Click on the picture below to go to Wikipedia's page on Hogarth's Marriage a-la-mode :

Homework

Seniors Your exam is on Thursday, and your final essay is on Friday. I'll talk more about the essay in class tomorrow. Also, the senior auction project lacks one more important detail - your memories! We will spend a bit of time tomorrow in class writing down some of your fondest memories of your senior year, and the rest of your time at RO.  Sophomores Read "Lines Composed a few miles above Tintern Abbey," and complete the questions at the end of the selection in your book. As always, please use complete sentences and cite frequently from the text.

Monday Work

Sophomores We are going to discuss Ch11-16 in class Monday and finish answering the study questions for Tuesday. Seniors The first thing we will do on Monday is discuss your updated plans for school and career. A one page "addendum" to your career paper is due on Tuesday . Include whether or not you plan to pursue the career discussed in your research paper and why or why not. Also include plans for career post-graduation and any career-related plans for this summer. This paper can be informal in tone but should follow the conventions of college-level writing. Share with me via email as "lastname-addendum." We will also discuss the letter you will all write to your future selves (five years from now). Every year, the senior class writes a set of letters, and every year I mail a set from five years ago.This letter should include anything you'd like to remember about your senior year, or your goals and values right now, or your tastes and opinions. I will m...