Skip to main content

Welcome Back!

Are we all excited about school? I thought so. Well, it promises to be another enlightening year, one full of studies and papers and essays and exams....and football and other stuff.

As you all know, you have something due already. Yes, I know, you loved writing that book report (DUE THURSDAY) and you are so looking forward to writing an essay in class (ON FRIDAY). We'll ease into the year, in other words.

Seriously, I am looking forward to this school year! New faces and some slightly old ones...a new class for the seniors...fancy new technology...football and other stuff. So, I'll see you in class....let's have a great year!

Popular posts from this blog

Juniors ~ Restoration Period

For more on the Restoration Period, go to the homepage for the Norton Anthology of English Literature . Click on the picture below to go to Wikipedia's page on Hogarth's Marriage a-la-mode :

Homework

Seniors Your exam is on Thursday, and your final essay is on Friday. I'll talk more about the essay in class tomorrow. Also, the senior auction project lacks one more important detail - your memories! We will spend a bit of time tomorrow in class writing down some of your fondest memories of your senior year, and the rest of your time at RO.  Sophomores Read "Lines Composed a few miles above Tintern Abbey," and complete the questions at the end of the selection in your book. As always, please use complete sentences and cite frequently from the text.

Juniors ~ Final Exam

Research Process MLA Format – what it is and how it looks Finding and evaluating sources The two “R”s – Relevance and Reliability Using the databases Using sources The two “I”s – Introduce and Integrate Parenthetical Citation (know the punctuation) Works Cited entries (expect at least to know the form for an article from a subscription database) Romantic Period Introduction to the period (620-638) Gothic Literature & Frankenstein (study guide) Women writers of the period (726-728) William Blake: "The Lamb" & "The Tyger" & "The Chimney Sweeper" (two versions) William Wordsworth: "Lines Composed a Few Miles Above Tintern Abbey" Samuel Taylor Coleridge:"Kubla Khan" & "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" Lord Byron: "Childe Harold's Pilgrimage" Percy Bysshe Shelley: "Ozymandias" John Keats: "Ode On a Grecian Urn" ...